I really enjoyed making this blanket, the colours please me a lot and I love how the white makes the colours look really fresh. The only part I didn't enjoy was sewing in the ends...there were literally hundreds of them! But in the end, I think it was worth all the time I spent sewing them in.
So a few details...
I made 144 granny squares, each one had 3 rounds and round 3 in each was always white. I joined the squares together using a dc seam and then did 7 rounds of trebles, finishing off with a shell edging. The yarn used was all double knitting and was mainly Stylecraft Special and Sirdar Snuggly. I used a 4mm hook. It fits perfectly on our double bed.
So another big blanket finished...and I already have plans to make another!